Wednesday, May 31, 2006

luv ya

So this is going to be out of order - I blogged a bit this weekend from my house, where I don't have internet, so it's still in Word... I'll get it to you later, but I just have to ask... is there REALLY a difference between love and luv? Seriously! It's pretty ridiculous, and I hate these kinds of abbreviations (how I feel about text and instant messaging deserves its very own blog)..... but I know that I wouldn't take an "i luv u" as seriously as an "I love you." Then add in "ya" - how serious is a relationship when the most you say to each other us 'luv ya." Not that saying "luv ya" is such a bad thing.... I'm sure I use that when I talk to my husband on the phone, or as I'm leaving sometimes (especially if someone else is around - but again, my PDA issues are for another blog)... but... I don't know. I guess this blog really isn't going anywhere. Luv ya.... I love you. I think both are over(and inappropriately)-used, but which would YOU like to hear? And is there really a difference? I don't know. Do you?

2 comments:

tabitha jane said...

luv ya = non-commital friendship type love

love you = serious, i mean it, forever love

Niki said...

I'm not sure if there is a real ansewer to this question. Could people who say "luv ya" be meaning the same thing as "love you" and vice versa? That might be a non-answer answer. For me I tend to use "luv ya" because that's what it sounds like when I am leaving a message, "I love you" when I am being serious and meaningful, and "do you heart me?" when I am just being rediculous.