Tuesday, October 25, 2005

wedding schmedding

I have returned from yet another wedding. Another one of my dear friends from "back home" has made the plunge. So why is it that I am so unhappy? She was such a beautiful bride - and it was very obvious that she adores him. She put on the wedding of my dreams (we've always had VERY similar interests, except when it came to boys) and it was a wonderfully joyous occasion. Though the cheese was a bit thick that day, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Yet I have this horrible fear in the pitt of my stomach. During the ceremony they were both pretty relaxed, which was good, but he... seemed so NOT genuine. She wrote the most beautiful vows to him and not only did he not have anything written down, but he seemed to get into character and told her how much he loved her and how he knew the first time he saw her that she was the one (a comment I personally hate) and then stopped, snapped out of character and said "yep, that's it, I'm done" and went on with the ceremony.
Now, don't get me wrong - I don't know the guy. At all. But from what I've seen I don't trust him. And as much as I love her (and I do a lot) I don't know that I can trust her choices when it comes to men. It's a little too late now though - and all I can do is PRAY PRAY PRAY that I am SO very wrong about all of this.
On the other hand, it was great to get to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a really long time - including my parents and one of my very best friends, Nicole. Shortly after dinner, though, my mom pushed this baby onto me and left - then came back and proceeded to take picture after picture of me with the baby, worried that it was the closest she'd ever get to having a grandchild. OY! I understand that I am an only child and therefore her only hope, but I'm only 22!! So then the baby fell asleep and everyone went to go dance and I was left with sleeping baby and wary husband. For hours. It wasn't horrible, but it was HOT. Babies generate a LOT of body heat when they sleep.

Well, that's all I have for right now.
Pray for me.

2 comments:

tabitha jane said...

sorry about the baby pressure friend! my mother-in-law wonderfully told me "no pressure" recently. it was great!

i know what you mean about being afraid for your friends when they get married. so many of my friends are already divorced or separated (and some are already remarried) . . . it's sort of diheartening.

Anonymous said...

Hey, the only thing we can really do is pray, about anything. I hope you never worry about your own marriage and the man you married not being genuine. Thanks for everything friend and wife.