Monday, December 24, 2007

of botched cookies and chocolate boogies

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone. It's been a quite day here. I have been trying to do a lot of baking. I'm really not in the mood, though (which is strange in and of itself because I ALWAYS want to bake!). But I sucked it up and dug out some old tried and true cookie recipes. I mixed up the dough, popped it in the oven and out came some of the most awful things ever!!! Okay, so that might be a slight exaggeration, but still! I don't make bad cookies! I tried to fix it - but to no avail. So I tried again with a different recipe. Only slightly better, but edible at least. Then I kept forgetting about them and burned like three different pans of cookies! I still have a batch of brownies, banana bread, a sweet potato pie and biscuits to bake and I am temporarily giving up in the kitchen.
Our friends are on their way to Europe, my parents are in Hawaii, and I have to go back to work the day after Christmas and then I get to work all through our school's Christmas break. Bah Hum Bug!
On an slightly more humorous note, I made some hot cocoa mix for some friends for christmas and apparently ended up snorting a bunch of the cocoa powder because the next day I blew my nose and had - no joke - chocolate boogers!
And tomorrow we get to open the one gift under our tree!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: