Saturday, December 08, 2007

That's Right...

It's nearly 3am. I'm awake and miserable and now you get to read all about it! If you are one who uses, or thinks of using, the phrase "TMI" often, you should probably stop reading.

Early this week, when I awoke with a sore throat that was nearly swollen shut, I naturally assumed Strep was the culprit. However, as the week progressed and my throat began feeling better, the fever persisted. "Hmm...," I thought, "that's one nasty infection!" Oh, how little I knew...

Thursday night, it began with slight rumblings in my tumblings (mild stomach upset, for those of you not fluent in Pooh-ese). That night I slept poorly and finally got out of bed sometime in the not-quite-wee hours of the morning with that horrible sinking feeling that I had no idea which end was about to explode. Luckily I guessed right and aimed well. I proceeded to spend the next hour+ in the bathroom trying to figure out if it was, in fact, too late to call in sick. After lots of inner debate (and the discovery of some good medication in the medicine cabinet), I decided that I should go to work - at least for the morning. We have been having so many subs, and I figured I could handle at least the morning work time and then maybe go home early. My body had other ideas, and luckily we already had a sub on alert for another staff member who was able to make it, so that sub came for me instead. At about 10am I drove myself home, medicated myself heavily, and then dumped my weary body into bed.
After making my way to pick Shaun up from work later that day and even venturing to the grocery store (so far away from a bathroom!!!), I thought perhaps I would live after all!
But alas, here I am. I could get to sleep (no doubt due to the 6 hour nap) until about 12:30am, and woke around 1:20 with those same darned rumblings and cramps and after another lucky guess made it to the right spot in the bathroom in time. And now here I am feeling drained and pained and restless and awake, looking up old classmates, checking flight prices for trips I'll probably never take, playing text twist... and documenting it all on this oh so illustrious blog of mine.
ENJOY!
and if you don't hear from me soon, chances are i've died. you should send flowers. i always did like lilies

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Awwww - that's so sad! Fiona & Allan have shared your misery this week. Yucky stuff! I truly hope you are feeling well soon.

Niki said...

I hope you're feeling well soon Jes! I know how hard it is to get a sub in that place we used to work at together.

On a less serious note, I just went back a few posts and saw the cooties video....I laughed so hard!

Feel better!!!

Leah said...

Blessings of sweet rest to you, friend. I hope you are feeling better by now.