Sunday, June 17, 2007

No Human Being Is Illegal

That's what the protest signs say. Apparently there was a big bust in Portland and a bus-load of illegals were taken to Tacoma to wait for a decision about deportation .. or something. I don't really know the details, but I know that people are feeling very strongly about this topic. Now, in general I am a pretty compassionate person. I'm appropriately outraged when people are treated unfairly. I oppose slavery and racism and prejudice and all that. But if I decided I wanted to live in, say, Italy and so I flew over there and tried to live and work without the proper documentation, I would fully expect to be unceremoniously booted from the country. Yes, this is America, but dude, if you're not going to get what you need to get to be here legally, you need to get out! I don't see any grey (gray?) area here.
That's all.

I'm a big procrastinator. I'll tell you about that sometime.

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it

No comments: