Saturday, November 12, 2005

HOORAY!!!!!!

I FINALLY found the BEST BOOK EVER!!!! Okay...l let me explain. When I was younger, despite being an only child, I was not very spoiled. The only place I got really really spoiled was at my Great Grandma P's house. As soon as I would get there, she would start shoving candy in my face... usually it began with black licorice chewing gum, then some random sweets until dinner (usually her yummy spaghetti) followed by ice cream. Then we'd do some gardening before the sun set. As soon as it got dark enough we would sit out on the front porch and eat dreamcicles (spelling?) while looking at the stars and talking about anything and everything. Then we'd play a game or something and then got ready for bed. And then we'd crawl into bed and drink a can of 7-up with a bendy straw while she read to me. I had two favorite books - one was about a little cereal character that threw a b-day party for a kid (i'm so sad i have NO idea what the name of the book is), and the other was Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree. Well, I don't know where it went, but I wanted another copy of that book SO bad and I looked everywhere... for a long time. Finallly last night I found it! For $3.10 even!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! It's been seventeen years since Grandma P passed and I am just happier than happy to have that book again! Let me see if I can find a picture:
http://muppets.scarecroe.com/images/book_cookietree.jpg

So... what are your favorite childhood memories?

Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of my Richard Scarry books. I would read them for hours on end as a kid.