Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm baaaaack

OH before I forget, did any of you ever watch the show Dinosaurs? With the Sinclair family? Yeah, I miss that show.

And noooow, back to the show!

I don't mind change. I actually kind of like it. Sometimes. My body, on the other hand, isn't so fond of the thing. For some reason, whenever there's a major (I use the word "major" rather loosely here) change in my life, my body revolts. I don't sleep, I get sick at the drop of a hat, cry more than any human should be able to, and generally become slightly zombie-esque. It's weird. Nothing too awfully bad, just enough to be rather irksome. I think the most major change that has happened was a few summers ago when I graduated from college, moved and got married within just a few months. Yikes. But I wasn't working, which at the time was uber-stressful, but in hindsight was such a blessing. I finally adjusted to having no more deadlines, a home of my own (withOUT four other girls!), and sharing my precious bed with another. It took quite a bit of time, but now THAT is normal, and any change to my new routine throws me out of whack. Now when Shaun is gone, things are all crazy again. Shaun ditched me for the East Coast this summer, and let me tell you - it wasn't pretty!
There is a reason for all this. The mister is now looking into joining the National Guard. And I thoroughly support this decision. In just about every way, this is a great opportunity/decision for us. We have some good contacts with the Oregon National Guard who has our best interests in mind, Shaun's ASVAB scores showed that he is able to go in an do pretty much whatever he wants, and he can even continue to do his current job (which he loves). So financially and career-wise, stability, benefits, etc., this is fantastic. I grew up with a military step-dad (hence the good contacts), so I know the wonderful benefits. But talk about change. Between Basic Training and AIT, Shaun will be gone for twenty-seven weeks. Yeah, nearly SEVEN MONTHS!!!! In either South Carolina or Arizona.

Seriously?!?
But right now, he's looking at going into MI... yeah, Military Intelligence. Oxymoron? Yes. Still super-cool? Certainly! Even though it scares the crap out of me because of my proclivity to reading books containing many government conspiracies and such. But I digress.
I'll keep you all posted on the situation. If you're "the kind," please pray. If not.... go ahead and try it... for us! Just kidding! If you're not the praying type, well then... I don't know.... be my friend when I'm here all alone for 7 months (you praying types can do this, too, by the way).


Okay, only two more things (geez this blog has become lengthy):
1. Dave Barry is freakin' hilarious. If you like to laugh, you should check out one of his books. Boogers are My Beat was a good one... but he's got lots, so read one. DO IT!!!!
2. ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoo hoo!

That's all. Now I'm off to finish my honeydew melon!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! That's HUGE news! We will definitely be praying about that (I assume we fall into the "that kind" camp). Keep us posted!

And for Dave Barry - this last week I added his website to my newsfeed so I can get a daily dose whenever I want. He is quite hilarious!