Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Official!!!

Well, it's finally technically, officially, wonderfully, marvelously HERE! Yes, Autumn has arrived, and "boy oh boy" (ala Joe Peschi in With Honors -if you havne't seen it, you should!) am I excited. I must admit I have been celebrating early. In the past week I have made chicken noodle soup, spaghetti, spiced cider, hot cocoa; I've pulled out my big THICK fuzzy blanket, laundered it and cuddled up with it and a nice book. Ah.
I must admit that I cheated just a little bit. I was so ready to cuddle up with my just-out-of-the-dryer blanket, but it was still a bit too warm in the house. I couldn't believe my luck. I was so bummed. But then, I had an idea. No, I didn't neatly fold the blanket and tuck it away for another day. That's right, I turned on the air conditioner. Yep. I did it JUST to be able to wrap up in a warm blanket. Call me a freak. Tell me I wasted energy and money and all that... and really? I don't particularly care. It was totally worth it!
But I digress. This morning, Shaun and I celebrated the first day of Fall by listening to my Loony Tunes Christmas CD. Oh yeah, CHRISTMAS!!!

Well, I have more to blog about, but I need to go take care of a few things. I'll try to get the rest of everything blogged tonight or tomorrow.

Hey - anyone up for a pumpkin carving party? Or.... something equally festive and fall-y and fun?

No comments: