Sunday, September 16, 2007

'Sis the Teason

Call me crazy, but I am totally, officially IN the Christmas spirit! I'm feeling it already! Yeah, yeah yeah, so it's only September... but it's getting a little chilly finally and that just does it for me. I was able to curl up in the recliner today with a fuzzy blanket - all wrapped up for a cozy Sunday afternoon nap. For the first time since May I didn't wake up drenched in sweat because it's so freakin hot! I just stepped outside a moment ago and stood in the dark drizzle of a beautiful autumn evening! SO wonderful! Those evenings curled up with a cozy blanket and a cup of steaming spiced cider or my delicious homemade holiday hot cocoa... not so far away now! I shall take full advantage of this rainy week to make some yummy chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese and tomato soup... and cuddle up with some good books.
To those of you who cringe and cry that summer is beginning to relinquish her hold and pass the reigns on to Autumn, I am truly sorry for you. I know the devistation of seeing your favorite season slip out the back door while a new season full of weather you're not so fond of beats down the front door. I truly hope that this fall and winter are happy times for you and yours.
To us "normal" people - BRING ON THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Ah, the city wrapped in the cozy comforter of the grey sky - I love it.

I had everyone get quiet tonight for a minute (not an easy thing in this house) just to hear the rain falling.