Monday, September 24, 2007

Sometimes....

I want to take my job, walk it deeeeeep into the woods, and shoot it. Dead. And sometimes, I don't. Today was an "all of the above" kind of day, but luckily I left feeling happy and content. I do love my job.

Oh, and I must apologize for my blogging. Normally, I am quite a stickler for correct grammar and such. In fact, one of the things I LOVED way back in my AP English class was our impromtu essays (which, coincidentally were not so impromptu, as we had at least one every Friday). Our teacher would give us a prompt and 20 minutes, in which we would sit for about 10 going "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," and then furitively pump out our pages, hoping for the best. The hope was that we would
1. be able to pass the writing section of our AP exam in May, and
2. avoid the wrath of The Red Pen Lady when it came to our "real" papers.
Who is this RPL, you ask? Well, I wouldn't really know, as I have never laid eyes upon her... nor has anyone I know. I always envisioned her as this warty old hunchback locked away in a dungeon somewhere, whose sole pleasure in life was to keep the joy away from pimply high school children everywhere. But the truth is she was some way-smart teacher lady who graded the AP exams in May and agreed to critique our writing. I think her name was Miss Mackie. Or something.

Anyhow, even though I publicly dreaded writing those papers as well as our impromptu essays, I secretly loved them. I wasn't very good, but I did get better, and every structurally sound sentance, every paragraph that stood on solid fountation, every well-organized essay brought such joy to my heart. The way I learned to craft words into rhythmic and picturesque thoughts was... wonderful and captivating! Thanks to that class, and my stickler Step-dad, I have become quite the grammar-nazi. Unfortunately, when it comes to blogging, my brain and fingers get moving faster than my good sense and I end up posting blogs that I go back and read and then want to cry. I'm sorry. Please don't hate me.

The end

No comments: